Hi, I'm Katlin
17 Years Experience
I’ve been working with animals professionally since 2005 when I first started working in veterinary clinics.
In 2012 I discovered my passion for grooming and have never looked back.
In my journey I’ve worked in tiny local salons, to massive grooming complexes.
Since then I’ve regularly placed in (and won) national grooming competitions, and started several of my own successful grooming salons.
Become a Rock Star Groomer
I have built three successful grooming salons from the ground up (bare room to 200+ clientele).
My repeated success is because of three simple ingredients: keeping my dogs happy and comfortable, excellent grooms, and customer communication.
Every bit of instruction you’ll find here is derived from my in-field experience. I teach you the same methods that helped grow my business and become a better groomer.
a very particular set of skills
Stress-free and fear-free are the very foundations of what I teach and practice.
My method is simple; happy and comfortable dogs allow you to groom better, and lead to happier owners (and repeat clients).
Furthermore; if you learn specialized techniques no else has, you can groom dogs no one else can.
Many of my clients are special cases (show dogs, handstripping, highly nervous) that each require specific skills that I’ll show you here.
Certified and ready to help You
- Master Groomer – PIGA – 2022
- FEAR FREE certified
- Certified Advanced Professional Groomer (IPG)
- Certified Salon Professional
- IPG teacher candidate
- Walk N Walks RE-CERTIFIED every 3 years (2021)
- AKC SAFE salon
- AKC Terrier certified
- 1X RBIS winner (Wirecoat class)
- Multi Class winning
- Multi Group winning
- Active member of Canadian Kennel Club and active exhibitor in herding, sporting, and hound groups
- Quadruple Crown (CTDI, SDJ, CCFC, AACE) evaluator for Do More With Your Dog
- Veterinary Assistant Certificate (hons) 2012
- 11+ years in vet clinics as a vet assistant and boarding / daycare manager in exotics, emergency, and general practices.